To help Imperial Irrigation District customers conserve energy and money on their electric bill, the district has assembled a list of low- and no-cost energy-saving tips for residential and small business customers.
The guide addresses the following topics and includes many more tips:
- Air Conditioners. Routinely clean air filter, set thermostat at 78 or higher in summer, use ceiling fans.
- Appliances. Avoid the use of major appliances between 4-9 p.m., recycle old refrigerators for cash.
- Electronics. Use smart power strips, adjust settings on certain appliances.
- Doors and Windows. Use shades, blinds and drapes, and weather stripping.
- Lighting. Use EnergyStar LED (light-emitting diode) bulbs.
The residential energy-saving guide is available at: https://www.iid.com/Home/ShowDocument?id=18546
The energy-saving guide for small business customers can be accessed at: