In honor of National Beer Day on April 7, the City of San Diego is launching a Business is Brewing website to provide beer breweries in San Diego with helpful market information and City economic development resources they can use to support and grow their businesses.
The website, created and managed by the City’s Economic Development Department, is designed to promote the benefits of being a local beer manufacturer, showcase more than 100 establishments for beer enthusiasts and educate everyone about the programs available to keep breweries, brewpubs, and tasting rooms operating throughout the COVID 19 pandemic.
“San Diego remains one of the country’s Top 5 craft beer cities, and we want to make sure this important industry remains informed, supported, and resilient as it continues to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Christina Bibler, Director of the City’s Economic Development Department. “This interactive website is an innovative one-stop-shop for beer manufacturers and beer enthusiasts, both locally and nationally, showcasing the spirit to brew and buy local during these challenging economic times.”
Features of the Business is Brewing website include:
• An interactive map with business and market information about the 110 operating breweries, brewpubs, and tasting stores within the City of San Diego limits.
• An economic report on the $1.2 billion San Diego regional beer cluster, which has supported 6,500 jobs (countywide) and $848 million in revenue.
• An interactive map showing the operating status of 144 breweries.
• Information about the City’s economic development programs that can assist breweries with
launch, expansion, and economic relief.
• A map tour of 23 breweries that produced award-winning beers at the Great American Beer
Festival and the San Diego International Beer Festival in 2020.
For more information about the Business is Brewing website or additional programs and services the City provides to businesses during the COVID 19 pandemic, please visit sandiego.gov/economic-development.