Comics, costumes, and gaming come together when YumaCon returns Oct. 7-8 at the Yuma Civic Center.
YumaCon provides visitors an opportunity to attend discussion panels, play tabletop games or e-sports, and show off their costumes in front of cosplay judges. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 7, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 8 at the Yuma Civic Center, 1440 W. Desert Hills Drive.
YumaCon After Dark, featuring a cosplay masquerade and nerd trivia, starts at 7 p.m. Oct. 7 at Red Moon Ale House, 130 S. Main St. Sign up for the masquerade at the Red Moon booth, located near the Drone Lab.
Attendees are invited to meet new friends, talk with special guests and groups, and explore the vendor gallery for fan merchandise. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Adult beverages will be available in the panel room.
Tickets are available for purchase online or from the events calendar at the City’s website, www.yumaaz.gov. General admission tickets will be $20 per day or $30 for a full weekend pass.
Registration for the Super Smash Bros. Tournament is available on the checkout screen as an add-on; there will be tournaments for amateur and advanced levels on both days of YumaCon. If spaces are available, attendees can sign up at the box office or in the Smash Bros area. Tournament registration is $5 for amateur and $10 for advanced. Four winners will go home with prizes and bragging rights for the year.
Event badges will be available in the “will call” at the Civic Center box office. Tickets are nonrefundable. Children ages 6 and younger are free. Children ages 14 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Special guest appearances.
- Panels from “expert nerds.”
- Super Smash Bros tournaments, with amateur and advanced levels each day.
- Tabletop games hosted by Lost Empire Games.
- Cosplay masquerade, hosted by Red Moon Ale House.
- Beer garden with specialty cocktails for adults 21 and older.
- Open Drone Lab.
- Cosplay karaoke.
- Vendor Hall with dozens of comic book, art, and merchandise vendors.
- Clue 2 U games.
- Jay Fotos.
- #1 First Comics.
- New Arizona Republic Costume Group.
- Umbrella Corporation Hive.
Rules for attendees
- No functional props or weapons, or props made out of metal, are allowed at YumaCon.
- All props must be inspected and tagged at security upon entrance to the convention.
- All costume props must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume props and costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed at the event. There will be food vendors with food and beverages available for purchase.