California state authorities have established a financial aid program for undocumented adult immigrants affected by Covid-19.
The support is aimed at people over 18 who do not have legal status in the United States and do not qualify for assistance from the Federal Government. This is a one-time grant consisting of $500 of direct assistance, with a maximum of $1,000 per household.
To access this financial aid, you must show that you:
- You are an undocumented adult (over 18 years old);
- You do not qualify for federal assistance related to Covid-19, such as economic incentives from the CARES Act or unemployment insurance.
- You have had financial difficulties due to the pandemic.
To request support:
1.- Call Jewish Family Services of San Diego, the organization in charge of administering aid in Imperial County. Call (760) 206-3242. The call center is open from 8 am to 10 pm seven days a week.
2.- Have the required documents on hand:
- Photo ID.
- Proof of residency in Imperial County.
- Proof of being in an affected situation. *
* To check the situation of affectation, you can present a letter from your employer indicating a reduction of working hours or a letter from your children’s school or civil association stating that you are going through a difficult situation.
This aid will only be available until June 30.
It does not constitute a public charge for immigration purposes.
The information provided will not be shared with government agencies.